Customer Review Rules
You agree to post reviews and contributions in accordance with the following Guidelines. We will not publish a review or comment unless it follows these Guidelines. These Guidelines are not exhaustive and The Wine Review reserves the right to vary them at it’s own discretion, whether they be published or unpublished at the time a review or comment is submitted.
Review and Content Guidelines
▪ No unlawful or objectionable content – this means you should not submit reviews that contain words, language or content that is or may be considered unlawful, defamatory, libelous, blasphemous, abusive, racial, sexual, offensive or obscene.
▪ Original – content of user reviews should not infringe the intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights of others.
▪ Harmful content – Reviews shall not contain viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other computer program that may damage or affect any system or data
▪ No single word reviews. Reviews will be limited to an appropriate word length judged by The Wine Review.
▪ No spamming or advertising – reviews shall not contain commercial web or e-mail addresses and no promotional or advertising material of any kind including the availability of alternative information.
▪ No HTML tags or URL links
▪ Reviews should be genuine experiences and content should be relevant and helpful to other users of the website
▪ Reviews are to be written and shall be published in English
▪ Reviews that contain questions or comments aimed at other contributors or website users or The Wine Review and/or representatives may not be published
▪ Users should not use false e-mail addresses, impersonate others or in any way mislead as to their identity. The Wine Review confirms that any personal identifiable information such as addresses, phone numbers or URL’s will be removed and reviews or contributions may not be published
▪ No persons under the age of 18 should submit any review or contribute to the website.
1. The Wine Review reserves the right to edit or change your review as we see fit.
2. The Wine Review may decide not to publish your review. This would be fully at our discretion. This maybe because it’s too long, too short, has too many mistakes, in our opinion seems suspiciously biased or is not relevant.
3. We cannot publish legally actionable statements or defamatory comments.
4. The wine review is about private individuals and their wine reviews, commercial companies or their representatives are not eligible to submit reviews. Any review that seems suspicious will not be published.
5. Legally while you retain copyright in your work, by submitting any content to www.winereview.org, you grant The Wine Review a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media. If you wish to offer your review for re-publication elsewhere you must obtain our prior permission, and the review must be accompanied with the words “This review has previously appeared in The Wine Review”. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post; that the content is accurate; that use of the content you supply does not violate this policy and will not cause injury to any person or entity; and that you will indemnify The Wine Review for all claims resulting from content you supply. The Wine Review has the right but not the obligation to monitor and edit or remove any activity or content. The Wine Review takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.
6. The content of any review must be accurate, truthful and your own genuine opinion and you will indemnify and hold harmless The Wine Review for all damages, costs and expenses incurred for breach of these warranties.
7. Publication of reviews and content on the website does not signify that The Wine Review agrees or affirms with any of the views and content given.
8. The Wine Review reserves the right to remove a user from its database without question, along with the privilege of being able to submit reviews and comment.
The Wine Review shall not be in any way responsible or liable for reliance by users on any information that is obtained from this forum and The Wine Review does not make any representation or warranty, either express or implied as to the accuracy or reliability of any information or content that is published on this forum. Publication of these reviews and their content does not signify that The Wine Review agrees with the views and content given.